January 26–February 17, 2018
Created by Rude Mechs
Commissioned by Yale Rep
Yale Repertory Theatre, 1120 Chapel Street.
Strap on your snow shoes and join Rude Mechs on a surreal hike through one of the greatest—and longest!—novels ever written: The Brothers Karamazov. A physical meditation on Dostoevsky's masterpiece, Field Guide enlists stand-up comedy, a dancing monk, and some old-school magic to explore faith, meaning, and morality.
Rude Mechs creates new works collaboratively and relies on every artist in the room contributing to everything from design and direction to text and performance. Field Guide was created by Mari Akita, Lowell Bartholomee, Kenny Chilton, Madge Darlington, Eric Dyer, Robert S. Fisher, Aaron Flynn, Thomas Graves, Kevin Jacaman, Hannah Kenah, Lana Lesley, Kirk Lynn, Graham Reynolds, Brian H Scott, Shawn Sides, and Dallas Tate.
- Rude MechsCreators
- Brian H ScottLighting Design
- Hannah KenahText
- Sarah WoodhamCostume Design
- Shawn SidesDirection
- Amy BoratkoProduction Dramaturgy
- Eric DyerScenic Design
- Bianca A. HooiStage Management
- Robert S. FisherSound Design
- Rick SordeletFight Direction
- Graham ReynoldsOriginal Music
- Steph WaaserTechnical Direction