After The Bacchae by Euripides
By Branden Jacobs-Jenkins
Choreography by Raja Feather Kelly
Directed by Lileana Blain-Cruz
University Theatre, 222 York Street
Sign Language interpreted performance: Saturday, 10/19 at 2PM.
Exiled to boarding schools for his entire life, Deon returns to his birthplace with a vengeance––luring the women of the town to the woods for a night of uninhibited partying. Meanwhile, a young reactionary with a big social media following condemns the debauchery and vows to restore order. Pulsing with a beat that is as dangerous as it is seductive, Girls is an electrifying contemporary spin on the classic Greek tragedy, The Bacchae, with a killer DJ, bumping dance music, and live-streaming video.
Girls contains coarse language and violence. Girls contains haze, fog, strobe lights, loud music, and gunfire (from a semi-automatic weapon and from pistols). Earplugs will be available. Please contact the Box Office at 203.432.1234 if you have questions about the themes or content of this production.
- Adam RiggScenic Designer
- Montana Levi BlancoCostume Designer
- Yi ZhaoLighting Designer
- Palmer HefferanSound Designer
- David BengaliProjection Designer
- Cookie JordanHair and Makeup Designer
- Amy BoratkoProduction Dramaturg
- Jon WestTechnical Director
- Michael RossmyFight Director
- Tara Rubin/Laura Schutzel, CSACasting Directors
- James MountcastleStage Manager
Cowherd/Rere/Acting Sheriff Officer Ronnie